Sequential marking is used to produce a unique identifying feature on individual products during production.
- The technology can generate an extremely large number of variables in a small area, presently SofMat is working up to 1 exp +12 data points but this can be varied to client request and data density will increase as the technology further develops;
- The features are pre-set by the user prior to production producing a sequence only known to themselves for identification and traceability;
- The marking system can be encrypted to further increase security;
- The system is of ultra high precision and of low cost in use;
- The system does not contaminate the product, is totally passive, and is not affected by outside electronic influences;
- The features can be read, identified and compared with a database using a SofMat developed reader.
It is generally applied during production of items however SofMat are further developing the process to allow post-production bespoke sequential marking for clients. If you are interested in this area of application please do get in touch via our ‘Contact’ page.